|Our thermal imaging cameras are capable of producing high-definition images to a medical standard
All our thermographers hold science degrees, with extensive experience of conducting controlled research work, and data interpretation.
We are happy to partner with professionals conducting research who feel that Veterinary Thermal Imaging would offer an additional angle to the work that they are undertaking, and provide robust, scientifically recognised thermal images to a medical standard. The thermal imaging cameras we use are one of the highest specification models that FLIR produce, whilst still retaining the mobile, portable nature that makes it so versatile. The camera allows the input of all variable data, emissivity, relative humidity, distance from object, external temperature etc to reduce anomalies and artefacts.
• FLIR cameras are accurate, detecting temperature changes of less than 0.05oC, far more than the 0.3oC necessary for identifying thermal assymetry overlying significant pathology.
• As they are so small and quiet, the cameras are very well tolerated by animals, reducing stress levels.
• FLIR cameras are fitted with optics manufactured to a high accuracy standard and give in excess of 98% transmission.
• FLIR cameras can operate in a wide temperature range (-15 to +50 oC) unlike some systems purely developed and tested for use within a hospital clinical setting.
• The units are completely portable, battery powered, and have no trailing wires, stands or a need to be attached to a laptop to work. This makes them ideal for use in the veterinary field where you may need to move out of the way of an unpredicatable animal quickly.
• Features such as swivel lenses make it easier to take images of those hard to reach places such as a horse's back
• Images are captured in JPEG format for ease of use and sharing of data.
We are able to capture both static and dynamic images.
Product Marketing and NPD is helped immensely by the subjective results of Thermography. Whether it’s in the support of product claims, trialling in a non subjective manner, evaluation against competitors, or simply in creating compelling marketing materials a Veterinary Thermal Imaging report into your product will prove invaluable.
Our Senior Thermographer has over 12 years experience in this field, and is a Chartered Marketer and member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
We offer consultancy on a day rate or per project based on an estimate of the hours required. We are also authorised distributors of FLIR veterinary thermal imaging camera and can provide advice on choosing the correct camera for your research and development. Please Contact Us for more details.
Veterinary Thermal Imaging can conduct equine thermography, equine infrared imaging, thermology, animal thermography, animal infrared imaging and veterinary thermography.